Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Anniversary

So I have been watching Body of Proof lately since the daughter of the main character was diagnosed with diabetes. I mainly started watching to see how they were going to handle the D diagnosis on the show but have found that I actually really like the show even without D. So last episode they showed her putting on her pump (the actress is actually diabetic) and how her mom was meddling in her business and how it irritated her. I actually found it right on point. Since my diagnosis (today is actually my anniversary so happy anniversary to me) I do not think I have gone a day without my mom asking how my sugar has been. I know most people would say hey I am almost 25, I am married and what not why is my mom still meddling with my health but I do not see it as meddling. It is a comfort that she still asks, that she still wants to be apart of my diabetic part of life. Even though I am 24 years old and I have 10 years of this under my belt I still take comfort knowing that my mom and dad are there for me and they want to be there to support me and they want to be apart of not just me but also my diabetes. I know I went through many years were I found it annoying but I look back now and I am thankful that she was so worried about me, that she made me take care of myself, that she did meddle. I am thankful for her support, I am thankful that she has been there. And to all you parents out there with D kids they too will go through a time were they are sick of you asking about their diabetes but continue to ask, continue to be pushy when it comes to their health they will thank you in the long run. So in honor of 10 years being a part of a club I never wanted to join I want to thank my mom and dad for making me a responsible diabetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment