Sunday, January 1, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!

Christmas was wonderful. I love spending time with the family. Christmas eve we spent at Stephens dads house. Every year I make all the Christmas presents and I absolutely love the fact that every year even though it is not toys the kiddos all love what I make. I really enjoy making the presents. I made all the boys on hubs side beanies with their favorite baseball teams logo on it. All the little boys and their dads matched and I think they all turned out really good. The sister in laws all got bracelets and the great niece got a scarf. When we left their house we went home and picked up the pups and headed the 2.5 hours down to my parents house. We got there and opened our traditional Christmas jammies (I LOVE my Christmas jammies this is the BEST tradition EVER). We just hung out and then Stephen informed me he forgot to pack his shirts he was going to wear. So we decided to trade our presents from each other then since I had bought him a couple of shirts. I got him a couple xbox games, a couple of shirts and Red Hot Chili Pepper tickets for when they come in March. He got me a sweater, some yoga pants and a Kindle. We then went to bed. We got up the next morning. I got ready and then we opened up our stocking stuff and the pups each got a HUGE bone and a new toy. They loved it but I think the bone was a little too big for Maddux. They are both still working on the bones that is how large they are =). My brothers and Sister-in-laws and niece and nephews came over. We ate the traditional breakfast casserole and then we all opened presents. I made all of my side of the families gifts also and they all loved it =). Then we got our family gifts from my parents. They got each of the families a Kindle Fire. I absolutely LOVE both of the Kindles and I love that we have 2 now so each of us can have one. Stephen got me a regular Kindle and I love that the page looks like a book and it is easier to read on that Kindle. The Kindle fire is awesome because of the apps and everything. Stephen loves it because he can read comic books on it; right now he is reading The Walking Dead comic. I am currently on the second book of The Hunger Games trilogy. Amazing books even Stephen really likes them. I read it to him at night and most nights he would rather listen to me read them then play a video game. We headed home Monday  afternoon and the rest of the week just rested. For New Years we went to Fayetteville to hang out with my best friend Cat and Stephens best friend Matt. I have other big news on the pump front in that I ordered it on Wed and it was on my doorstep on Friday. I have an appointment on Tuesday at 9:30 to get my basal rates and everything set up =). I am so excited and I now only have one more day of taking Lantus. Well I am going to get back to the sweater I am knitting. Wish me luck with the new adventure of pumping I really hope it goes better then last time!!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your post alot. Wishing you the best of luck pumping. Looking forward to hearing about your experience....

    ReplyDelete