Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Story

Who am I? Well I have many titles but my main one is Kendyl. I am a wife, daughter, grand-daughter, sister, cousin, aunt, student, knitter, crafter, and type 1 diabetic. Now that last one will probably what I write about most since that certain title is ever consuming of all thoughts but as you can see its not the only title I hold. At this point I would just like to point out I am NOT a medical professional and I do not advocate to know what I am doing but I am just a girl trying to live and do what does best for ME with my diabetes.

I am a 24 year old student studying History and Anthropology. I am a daughter to some amazing parents and sister to wonderful siblings who have always had my back. This nuclear family unit of mine has helped shape me into the confident (sometimes over confident) person I am. I am aunt to 6 amazing  nephews and a wonderfully sassy little niece. And these little people are probably my favorite little people. They have taught me patience and to never forget to sometimes be a kid myself. I am also married to a spectacular guy. He has been there and continues to be there through thick and thin. He has been there to support me through my triumphs and to pick up the pieces as my world seems to fall apart.  His family is also wonderful and so supportive of us.

Stephen and I have two little, well big, furballs who we treat as our children. I never thought I would be that crazy dog person but I am. I even find myself brushing their teeth it is kinda ridiculous but I love them. They are Shadow and Maddux. Shadow is our 7 year old husky with beautiful blue eyes and a wicked stubborn streak. Maddux is our 4 year old brittany with the happy eyes and sweet personality, who just aims to please us. Both are quite large but both also think they are lap dogs but I am not going to complain because even though we get covered in hair there really isn’t anything like cuddling up and watching TV with them.

So that is me in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment