Monday, March 12, 2012

Thankful

 I know I complain a lot about diabetes but this is what I am thankful for:
I am not thankful for diabetes but I am thankful that I was born in a country and time that I have access to treatment. You see a little over a year ago my 7 year old nephew was diagnosed with a disease that is 100% fatal and has absolutly no treatment.He has as Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. DMD is a horrible muscle wasting disease and over time he will loose the ability to run, to walk, to breathe and eventually even his heart will give out. Diabetes maybe a complete pain in the butt and SO hard to control but I at least have the opportunity to try. Because of insulin I am at least given the opportunity to grow old, to reach my dreams, to live. Despite the fact that it hurts to prick my finger, that my site change hurts, that sometimes my pumps gives the insulin a little too fast and it hurts I am given the chance to survive. I am grateful, so very very grateful. I hope everyday for a cure but I know I will survive, I will live because right now I at least have a treatment and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment