Thursday, March 29, 2012

What would you do?

In a couple of weeks my environmental history class is going on a field trip to float the Buffalo river here in Arkansas. We are camping on Friday then floating on Saturday. Stephen is going with me since I just do not feel comfortable making my class or professor responsible in case something really crazy happens with my blood sugar (ie go low and pass out even though this has not happened in YEARS still gonna play it on the safe side). Now my question is what would you do with the pump? I know the Animas Ping is waterproof but I don't know if I want to risk it. We are going to be kayaking down the river on an 8 hour trip. I already know I am not going to risk my ping meter and just going to bring a couple of my one touch minis (I have a million of these since I get a new one at camp every year). Should I just do MDI for the trip or keep the pump on? I just don't know but I am going to ask a couple of my diabetic friends from camp and ask the endo on Monday to see what he says. I have about 3 weeks to figure it out though. So what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment